Monday, March 21, 2011

superfluous.

On my mind:
   - my eyelashes; I can feel them touch my eyelids, quite bothersome.
   - fall semester; schedule classes.
   - create, create, create; and not just stuff I still need to get done but expand my horizons, test my creativity.
   - food; going to attempt an eggplant pizza recipe I found at work.
   - apartment search, still.
   - urge to dance.


I will keep this short due to my fear of being judged. But anyways, I really need to get back on track for working out, my spring break was too jam packed with stuff that I did not have time to make it to the odd gym hours. I caught up on a few other things; worked on a few paintings, cleaned, cut out hundreds of quilt patches, did some hardcore napping and now back to classes.

Here is one of the pieces I made:
 
'Vague.'
acrylic, gesso, graphite (and hairspray)
2011

it came about from a typography project I did and developed from there. It's nothing much, quite a play on words; love the font and the process - I was quite at ease making it, not flustered or worried about what the end project would but just went with it. Really like the human quality to it as well; I chose to leave my smudges and measure marks to give it a raw effect and show the process - plus I really love to mix gesso and graphite.

No comments:

Post a Comment